The last few weeks have been very busy for American Canyoneers:
• Jenny West has spent many hours developing membership processes and spurring new members. We currently have 125 individual members, which is heartening.
• Jenny West, Dan Ransom, Nick Wilkes, and Brian Farr have worked closely to get the website developed; it has a whole new look, and we invite you to visit and post comments to help improve the site. We are adding content daily and we anticipate the site will become a useful asset to the canyoneering community in the coming months.
• Numerous conversations have taken place with the Outdoor Alliance, in an effort to develop a relationship. I am personally meeting with them in late September in Washington D.C. We look forward to developing closer ties.
• Sonny completed the filing of the 501c3 papers last week. It was a monumental undertaking and big great step for American Canyoneers.
• Rich will be our representative for the conference call this week with Grand Canyon National Park (reference the Grand Canyon/Deer creek issue). We will post more information as it becomes available.
• Troy has been working with a graphic designer on a logo for American Canyoneers. The process should be completed in the next few weeks.
• AC is looking for great canyoneering photos to incorporate in the web site. For photos to be useful, it helps if they are 800 – 1000 pixels in the smallest dimension. Image contributions will help this site look attractive and dress up all the thick discussions with images of the sport we know and love.
• We are still looking for an volunteer accountant to help setup the books. If interested please leave contact info in the comments section of the AC web site.
The building blocks are going in place. The momentum is growing. Join us!